FOR RELEASE: Wednesday, January 27, 2016
FOR FURTHER INFO: Contact, Steve Lefemine, exec.dir., Christians for Personhood
PO Box 12222, Columbia, South Carolina 29211; CP@spiritcom.net
Personhood Questionnaire for 2016 Republican Presidential Candidates
Posted at: http://christiansforpersonhood.com
[COLUMBIA, SC] Personhood Questionnaires for 2016 Republican Presidential Candidates were initially sent to the campaigns of candidates Bush, Carson, Cruz, Fiorina, Huckabee, Paul, Rubio, and Trump on December 17, 2015; and questionnaires were initially sent to the campaigns of candidates Christie, Kasich, Santorum on December 22, 2015.
Between December 17/22, 2015 and January 26, 2016, several attempts were made to contact each campaign by e-mail and by regular postal mail.
Although contacts/replies of some sort were received from the Bush, Christie, and Huckabee campaigns ( see below ), no completed Personhood Questionnaires have been received from any of these eleven 2016 Republican Presidential Candidates.
The Personhood Questionnaire for 2016 Republican Presidential Candidates sent to each individual candidate can be viewed on-line:
1. Jeb Bush
2. Ben Carson
3. Chris Christie
4. Ted Cruz
5. Carly Fiorina
6. Mike Huckabee
7. John Kasich
8. Rand Paul
9. Marco Rubio
10. Rick Santorum
11. Donald Trump
Replies/Contacts from Bush, Christie, Huckabee campaigns:
1. Bush Campaign – Bush Campaign worker passed along reminder request for completion of Personhood Questionnaire for 2016 Republican Presidential Candidates, however completed questionnaire has not been received.
2. Christie campaign – Christie Campaign worker reply included Governor Chris Christie’s position on a number of incremental measures regulating child-murder-by-“abortion”, but despite the assertion by the Christie campaign worker indicating to the contrary, did not complete the questions specifically asked in the Personhood Questionnaire for 2016 Republican Presidential Candidates. Nothing in the response from the Governor Chris Christie campaign indicates Governor Christie supports legal Personhood at fertilization for pre-birth human beings without any “exceptions”. Pro-Life is Pro-Personhood.
Response from Governor Chris Christie campaign:
[ edited, comments added ]
Below please find Governor Chris Christie’s responses to the “Christians for Personhood Questionnaire.”
[ Christie campaign worker ]
CHRISTIE: “I am pro-life. Hearing the strong heartbeat of my unborn daughter 14 years ago at 13 weeks gestation had a profound effect on me and my beliefs. The life of every human being is precious.”
(Christie For New Jersey Campaign Website, ChristieForNJ.com, “Issues,” 7/21/09)
CHRISTIE: “What happened was I had been pro-choice before that and I would call myself before that a kind of a non-thinking pro-choice person, kind of the default position that I took and then when my wife was pregnant with our daughter Sarah who is now fifteen, we happened to go to one of the prenatal visits at thirteen weeks. And they put the Doppler on my wife’s abdomen who didn’t look at all pregnant at that point, visibly, and we heard this incredibly strong heartbeat. I remember we came separately, she came from her job and I came from mine, we went back to work. As I was driving back to work I said to myself you know, under my position on abortion I would say that a week ago that wasn’t a life. I heard that heartbeat, that’s a life. It led to me having a real reflection on my position and when I took time to reflect on it I just said you know what? I’m not comfortable with that anymore, that was back in 1995, and I’ve been pro-life ever since.” (CNN’s “Piers Morgan Tonight,” 6/14/11)
The Christie Record …
Protecting Life [ Christians Personhood –sic– Pro-Life is Pro-Personhood. ]
As both a candidate and as Governor in one of the most heavily-Democratic states in the nation, Governor Christie has stood by his principles and strongly defended the rights of the unborn. [ Christians Personhood –sic– Pro-Life is Pro-Personhood. ]
* The first pro-life candidate elected statewide since Roe Vs. Wade [ Christians Personhood –sic– Pro-Life is Pro-Personhood. ]
* Vetoing funding for Planned Parenthood every year in office
* Christie supports defunding Planned Parenthood on the federal level as well
* Supporting ban on abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy [ Christians Personhood –sic– Pro-Life is Pro-Personhood. ]
* Supporting Parental Notification and a 24-Hour Waiting Period [ Christians Personhood –sic– Pro-Life is Pro-Personhood. ]
* The First Pro-Life Candidate Elected Statewide Since Roe Vs. Wade: Governor Christie: “And when they said it could never be done, now twice – twice, for the first time since Roe vs. WWade, New Jersey has elected a pro-life governor of New Jersey.”
[ Christians Personhood – sic – Pro-Life is Pro-Personhood. ]
* Vetoing Funding For Planned Parenthood Every Year In Office: Each year since taking office, Governor Christie has vetoed $7.5 million for Planned Parenthood and other family planning clinics.
* Governor Christie has also called on the federal government to defund Planned Parenthood and called for a Justice Department investigation into the organization.
* Supporting 20 Week Ban: Governor Christie has voiced support for the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, which would ban abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy. [ Christians Personhood – sic – Pro-Life is Pro-Personhood. ]
* The First New Jersey Governor To Address A Pro-Life Rally: Christie was the first New Jersey governor to address New Jersey Right To Life at their annual rally on the steps of the New Jersey Statehouse. [ Christians Personhood – Does New Jersey Right to Life support Personhood for pre-birth human beings, at fertilization, with no “exception” ? Pro-Life is Pro-Personhood. ]
* Supporting Parental Notification And A 24-Hour Waiting Period: Governor Christie has called for requiring parental notification before minors could get an abortion, saying it should be “something we can agree on, Republicans and Democrats.” Governor Christie also supports a 24-hour waiting period, stating it “makes sense when someone’s making as difficult a decision as terminating a pregnancy. …”
[ Christians Personhood – sic – Pro-Life is Pro-Personhood. ]
3. Huckabee campaign – Steve Lefemine, exec. dir., Christians for Personhood personally met (briefly) Governor Mike Huckabee after one of his South Carolina speaking engagements in a “meet and greet” receiving line and brought up the Personhood Questionnaire for 2016 Republican Presidential Candidates. Governor Huckabee instructed Steve Lefemine to give the questionnaire to the person who is his SC campaign State Director who was there present with him. This was done, however completed questionnaire has not been received.
Christians for Personhood:
The standard for identifying whether or not a candidate is “Pro-Life” is whether or not the candidate commits to support the legal Personhood of pre-birth human beings IN LAW, at fertilization (conception), and that without “exceptions”, because God’s Word says, “Thou shalt not kill ( murder ).” Exodus 20:13, KJV.
Being “Pro-Life” is agreeing with God regarding the Sanctity of Human Life which He created.
– ### –