SC CANDIDATE SURVEY RESULTS (REPORT #4):
SC CANDIDATE SURVEY RESULTS being posted here.
Completed*** Christians for Personhood Candidate Surveys have been received from (in order sent):
1. John Gallman (R), Senate District #33 – Removed ***, View survey here
2. Ashley Lawton (R), House District #122 – Score 100%, View survey here
3. William Crosby (R), House District #117 – Score 100%, View survey here [Note: actually signed 5/12/2020]
4. Mike Covert (R), House District #118 – Score 100%, View survey here
5. Garey Collins (R), House District #35 – Score 100%, View survey here
6. Mark Lynch (R), Senate District #12 – Score 100%, View survey here
7. Chris Bennett (R), House District #35 – Score 67%, View survey here [See candidate’s comments]
8. Ryan McCabe (R), House District #96 – Score 100%, View survey here
9. Chris Smith (R), Senate District #26 – Score 67%, View survey here [See candidate’s comments]
10. John Lastinger (R), House District #88 – Score 100%, View survey here
11. Perry Finch (R), Senate District #26 – Score 100%, View survey here
12. Tom Connor (R), Senate District #39 – Score 100%, View survey here
13. David Herndon (R), House District #99 – Score 100%, View survey here
14. Allan Quinn (R), House District #5 – Score 100%, View survey here
*** Candidate Questionnaire incorrectly filled out by John Gallman (R), candidate for Senate District #33. Candidate marked “Yes” to Question #2 [2. Incremental Legislation Regulating Child-Murder by “Abortion”], however he continues to affirm his support here on his campaign facebook page (May 25 post), for incremental legislation regulating child-murder by “abortion” [ i.e., the so-called “Heartbeat” Bill ] Given John Gallman’s position, the correct answer for him to Question #2 would therefore be “No”.
The “Heartbeat” Bill does NOT Establish Justice (Amos 5:15, Proverb 21:3, KJV).
The “Heartbeat” Bill, in addition to Rep. Nancy Mace’s selectively pro-“abortion” exceptions amendment to H.3020, saves NO unborn children prior to the detection of a heartbeat at approximately six weeks gestation. The “Heartbeat” Bill has a HUGE EXCEPTION: It allows the killing of ALL children prior to about six weeks. Life begins at conception (fertilization), NOT detection of a heartbeat. The “Heartbeat” Bill is NOT a pro-life bill, it is a bill which incrementally regulates child-murder by “abortion”. Being “pro-life” is agreeing with God on the Sanctity of Human Life which HE HAS CREATED. (Genesis 1:27, Exodus 20:13, Leviticus 20:3, Matthew 19:18, KJV). “Good” is the Enemy of God’s Best. The “Heartbeat” Bill is the Enemy of the Personhood Bill. Personhood is Abolition. However, in the 2019-2020 Session, the incremental “Heartbeat” Bill was chosen to advance instead of the Personhood Bill H .3920 by the fake “pro-life” Republican establishment leadership in the SC House. Multiple incremental bills have been passed in the SC Legislature since 1990, and yet from 1991 to 2018, the murders of over 212,000 unborn children in South Carolina have still been reported by SC DHEC. That is NOT “pro-life” !!! Personhood legislation was first introduced in both the SC House and the SC Senate in 1998, twenty-two years ago !!! Personhood legislation has been active in the SC Legislature, in at least one chamber, every year since, and since then, from 1999 to 2018, the murders of over 129,000 unborn children have been committed in South Carolina, as reported by SC DHEC.
[“Abortions” by Occurrence in SC: 1998 – 2014; 2015; 2016; 2017; 2018]
To borrow and adapt Abolitionist William Lloyd Garrison’s words on “gradualism” versus “abolitionism” regarding American Slavery: Incrementalism in theory is the perpetuation of child-murder by “abortion” in practice !
Has not that been the experience these last 47+ years which have witnessed 62+ Million reported dead ?
PASS PERSONHOOD [ H.3920 ] NOW !!!
This reporting of these Candidate Survey Results does not constitute the giving of any endorsements by Christians for Personhood.
However, it is a great encouragement to see several candidates take a strong, principled, Biblical stand for the Sanctity of Human Life. It would be a welcome day indeed to see many House/Senate candidates with 100% survey positions, and so subsequently, Lord willing, to see more such elected as
House Representatives/Senators sworn in to the House/Senate for the 2021 Session !
In addition, it should also be noted, as important, inviolable, and essential as a candidate’s position is regarding the Sanctity of Human Life (Genesis 1:27, KJV), and the Creator God-given unalienable right to life (Exodus 20:13, Matthew 19:18, KJV), there are also other Biblically-based qualifications for civil rulers. For example, see Exodus 18:21 and 2 Samuel 23:3, KJV.
In Christ Alone,
Christians for Personhood
PO Box 12222
Columbia, SC 29211
Christians for Personhood <CP@spiritcom.net>