Corrected/Revised/Edited May 14, 2023
“… JUSTICE STANDETH AFAR OFF; FOR TRUTH IS FALLEN IN THE STREET” Isaiah 59:14, KJV
“THERE IS NO TRUTH, …, NOR KNOWLEDGE OF GOD IN THE LAND. Hosea 4:2, KJV
Are South Carolina “Republicans” borrowing deceptive tactic from George Orwell’s “1984” — changing the meaning of plain English language in S474 Heartbeat Bill ?
ORWELLIAN S474 HEARTBEAT BILL INCLUDES FALSELY DEFINING “CONTRACEPTIVE” AS ALSO PREVENTING IMPLANTATION, WHICH OCCURS APPROX. ONE WEEK AFTER CONCEPTION !!!
AS A RESULT, S474 IN EFFECT, ALTHOUGH NOT EXPLICITLY STATED, IS THEREFORE EFFECTUATING A FALSE DEFINITION FOR EARLY ACTUAL ONE-WEEK OR SO “ABORTIONS” AS CONTRACEPTION !!!
Human life begins at conception/fertilization, NOT implantation. ______________________________________________
1. Current SC Code of Laws:
SECTION 44-41-610. Definitions.
As used in this article:
(1) “Conception” means fertilization.
(2) “Contraceptive” means a drug, device, or chemical that prevents conception.
SC Code of Laws
Chapter 41 – “Abortions”
2. S474 as passed by the “Republican”-majority SC Senate February 9, 2023:
Fetal Heartbeat and Protection from Abortion Act
Section 44-41-610. As used in this article:
(1) “Conception” means fertilization of an ovum by sperm.
(2) “Contraceptive” means a drug, device, or chemical that prevents ovulation, conception, or the implantation of a fertilized ovum in a woman’s uterine wall after conception. [sic]
2023-2024 Bill S474:
Abortion – Fetal Heartbeat
3. S474 as amended and passed May 9, 2023 by the “Republican”-majority Constitutional Laws Subcommittee with the Rep. Jordan Amendment; then passed by the “Republican”-majority House Judiciary Committee May 9, 2023; then reported to the “Republican” super-majority full SC House May 10, 2023; debate planned for May 16, 2023:
Fetal Heartbeat and Protection from Abortion
(3) “Conception” means fertilization of an ovum by sperm.
(4) “Contraceptive” means a drug, device, or chemical that prevents ovulation, conception, or implantation of a fertilized ovum in a woman’s uterine wall after conception. [sic]
Rep Jordan Amendment to Six-Week Heartbeat Bill S474:
Strike and Insert Amendment
adopted by Constitutional Laws Subcommittee,
and passed by SC House Judiciary Committee,
May 9, 2023
THIS ORWELLIAN RE-DEFINITION OF THE WORD “CONTRACEPTIVE” TO INCLUDE THE PREVENTION OF IMPLANTATION OF THE 6 TO 12 DAYS OLD TINY HUMAN EMBRYO (BLASTOCYST) IN THE ENDOMETRIAL LINING OF THE MOTHER’S UTERUS ALLOWS ABORTIFACIENT DRUGS AND DEVICES WHICH “ABORT” THESE POST-FERTILIZATION HUMAN EMBRYOS TO FALSELY AND PERVERSELY BE LABELLED AS “CONTRACEPTIVES”, AND TO FALSELY AND PERVERSELY CALL PREVENTION OF IMPLANTATION/”ABORTION” OF AN APPROX. ONE-WEEK OLD HUMAN BEING AS “CONTRACEPTION” !!!
HORMONAL BIRTH CONTROL WORKS BOTH CONTRACEPTIVELY AND ABORTIFACIENTLY.
Human life begins at conception/fertilization, NOT implantation.
“My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: …”
Hosea 4:6a, KJV
“The Protest of a Protestant Minister Against Birth Control”
Matt Trewhella, pastor
Mercy Seat Christian Church
“CHEMICAL ABORTION” [ Brochure ]
Pastors For Life
Easley, South Carolina
“The Pill” [ Brochure ]
by Joan Appleton, RN
“THE PILL” [ Flyer ]
Updated February 2003
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Office of Public Health and Science
Office of Population Affairs
‘Abortifacient Brief: The Intrauterine Device’
Human Life International
January 5, 2022
‘Do Your Pastors Oppose Abortion?
– Should Church Take a Stand Against Abortifacients?’
August 31, 2020
Series: ‘Should Churches Take a Stand?’
COVENANT PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH (CPC) RESOLUTION ON ABORTIFACIENTS
Generations Radio and Covenant Presbyterian Church denomination Resolution re: ABORTIFACIENTS
– Deaths of 6,750,000 babies per year caused by intrauterine devices (IUD’s) in the United States.
– Studies have found the Plan B pill acts as an abortifacient 80 – 92% of the time.
‘Yes, Some Contraceptives Are Abortifacients’
November 4, 2016
“Pro-abortion-rights activists employ a neat semantic trick to evade and ignore the scientific details of abortifacient drugs: redefining “pregnancy” to mean “the implantation of an embryo in the uterine lining.” Thus any drug that prevents implantation of an existing embryo prevents pregnancy rather than aborting an existing one. Semantics aside, the crucial, underlying question is whether these birth-control methods cause embryonic death.”
“As Donna Harrison has explained at NRO, an IUD’s manipulation of the hormone progesterone causes a woman’s body to reject any embryo that might be formed after ovulation, rather than wholly stopping ovulation from occurring. The copper material in some IUDs has been shown to be toxic to an embryo, leading to its death or, if it survives, abnormal development. Furthermore, an IUD’s manipulation of the uterine lining accounts for the fact that, among women who become pregnant while using an IUD, there is a high rate of ectopic pregnancy, in which the embryo implants somewhere outside the uterus.”
“Thou shalt not kill (murder).”
Exodus 20:13, KJV